Foreign Order Policy / Exporting

Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels, Inc. is a registered exporter with the U.S. State Department.

All foreign orders must be accompanied by a 50% deposit (in U.S. funds, drawn on a U.S. bank) or a credit card number. We prefer a credit card because the card company handles the exchange rates.

Rifle barrels manufactured and sold by Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels Inc. require a license to be exported/shipped out of the United States. Lilja Precision Rifle Barrels Inc. is committed to strict compliance with all applicable United States Export Control Regulations including (but not limited to) the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).

License applications for all eligible countries are reviewed and approved on a case by case basis by the US State Department. Countries prohibited or embargoed for the export of US Munitions List items are listed at: http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/embargoed_countries/index.html

There will be a charge of $350 for each foreign order license. This charge covers the processing of export paperwork and the registration fees with the State Department. An order can be for a single barrel or for hundreds, one $350 charge applies per application. For example, if a foreign business applies for multiple barrels we can deliver barrels individually on that license until it expires. Our export license is valid for the same length of time as the buyer’s import license. See the link below for additional information on Canadian exporting. We understand through a phone conversation in 2004 with a State Department official that they are not approving export licenses for any .50 caliber barrels.

To process the application for export the U.S. State Department requires the following:

    1. An original document or certified copy of a duly-issued Import authorization.
    2. A written explanation is required for any application that does not include an import authorization (e.g., letter from importing government stating that the item does not require an import certificate; applicant certification that no import permit is required).
    1. A signed and dated Purchase Order written on the buyer’s letterhead. As of 2012 the various calibers being ordered must be categorized.  No longer will a caliber range (i.e. .17 – .45 caliber) be accepted by the State Department.


  1. 25) 264 caliber barrel blank
  2. 30) 308 caliber barrel blank
  3. 10) 22 caliber drop-in barrel
  4. 10) go gauges
  5. 10) muzzle brakes
  6. .
  7. Note: We cannot export any item not listed on the Purchase Order, DSP-83 and  Import document.The Purchase Order (PO) should include a statement-of-use such as: “To be used for hunting or sporting purposes.” In addition as of 11/1/16 the following statement must be on the PO at time of license request: These commodities are authorized by the US Government for export only to (name country) for use by (name of company/customer) under (license#). They may not be resold, diverted, transferred, or otherwise be disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the authorized end-user(s) or consignee, either in their original form or after being incorporated into other end-items, without first obtaining approval from the US department of State or use of an applicable exemption.
    1. The end-user (purchaser) must complete, sign and return a State Department DSP-83 form.  This form must match the Purchase Order and Import document.
    2. English translations must be provided for foreign language documents.

    Do not “post” your original documents until the faxed and/or emailed documents have been reviewed by our office. Once the documents have been reviewed and there are no necessary changes, you will be instructed to post originals.

We ship barrels through the U.S. Postal Service or Seko for larger shipments. United Parcel Service and FedEx will not accept firearms or parts for foreign delivery. All shipments are lodged with Customs and an AES form is submitted.

Caution: Individuals or a business in the U.S. cannot purchase a barrel (or any firearm part) and ship it out of the country on their own. All gun parts can only be exported through a registered exporter. U.S. Customs will confiscate any firearm parts they find that are not going through a registered exporter. This even includes items like a .22 long rifle go-gauge. For additional information about ITAR – Click Here

At times we get requests from competitive international shooters who will be in the US to attend a shooting match. They ask if we can send a barrel to them at the match and they would then bring the barrel home with them after the match. Our advise has been that they cannot do this without an export license. This was confirmed recently with a contact we have in the Department of Homeland Security. Here is their response to this scenario: “You are correct that would be considered an export of the barrel, and not permissible under the current ITAR regulations without a license. Please explain to the individuals in question that they should register with DDTC (The State Department), which would provide them with sufficient licenses to accomplish what they are asking.”

For a list of approved importers for various countries – Click Here

For information on importing and exporting into Canada – Click Here

As a resource for other firearms parts and transportation we are posting links to the following companies. We have not used their services.

Hurricane Butterfly Research Corporation.  Their website and contact information: http://hurricanebutterflyresearch.com/

For international firearms transportation Firearms Logistics: http://www.firearms-logistics.com/air-charter/